Yesterday, I made a little trip to Connequot River State Park for a photo day. I haven't gone out specifically to take pictures in WAY too long a time. The first time I went to this park, I met a woman out taking pictures with the same camera as mine. We struck up a conversation and she showed me around the park that day. That was back in early spring. We met one time a few weeks later to hike and take pictures. We've been trying to get together all summer but things were always in the way. Yesterday we were both able finally to make time to meet up.
I didn't get the kind of yield that I would have liked, but I thought these images were interesting. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and we were lucky because the reflections on the water were vibrant. I decided to post these as they remind me of the works of Monet. The third is a tighter shot of the reflection of the second. These were not edited with an artistic filter. The appearance of texture is as it was shot.




8 comments:
Very beautiful. I'm glad you got out with the camera.
It's beautiful here, too. :) xo
I'm so glad that you were able to get out on a Trek, it has been way too long since the last time. Glad also that you were able to meet up with your friend for the shoot. I agree, the pictures that you have posted are quite interesting, and I love the reflections.
Greg
Wow! Those are awesome shots. I think you need to get out and take more pictures, just so I can see them! LOL As always, love your photography. ~~Kath~~
I am hoping to get out this weekend & take pics....it's been way to long for me too.
Lovely reflections~
Marie
great shots. reflections are some of my favorite things to shoot.
gina
Awwwww brilliant Kat - very Monet indeed. xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/
Very nice shots, Kat. Thanks for sharing them. I'm glad you let us know the texture appearance was not edited in. I like these.
Sam
Glad you got out for that nice day.
That last shot is my fave!
Love,
Nance
Post a Comment