A couple of weeks ago, Aaron and I took a short trip to WAY out to the far east end of the island...to Montauk, NY. It's a kind of lazy place, a nice destination for a couple of days of getaway. I took a number of photos but I'm just getting around to working on them. This one is actually an extraction from a much larger image. It's a little soft, but I thought it was more effective this way. I didn't do a lot with my pictures this summer, but I'll try and get what I do have up here in the next few days.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
You are right, the softness works for the image. The light fog over teh water is great for the mood, plus it really makes the grass in the foreground pop. The warm tones were a good choice as it completes the "feel" of the entire image. Don't feel bad about not getting out that much with your camera this summer, I didn't get out near as much as I had hoped either. There is always fall, which is just around the corner.
Greg
Kat,
I just love this. Truly. So peaceful...and yes, soft works well.
I hope we can talk soon....
Much love,
Nance
beautiful!!
have fun playing with all the rest, and i know i'm not
alone in looking forward to seeing the results.
xo
Lovely!!!
sweet serenity...... thanks for sharing, Kat
Love, Chelle
This is a great photo on so many different levels. You captured a special mix of light and softness and it gives the picture a feeling of depth. This one is worthy of hanging.
Sam
This is a beautiful shot Kat. I can't wait to see more!
Martha :-)
awwwwwwwwwww, stunning!
Ü
Marie
Post a Comment