Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Dolphins

On Sunday, my brother offered to take us out on his little boat for a couple of hours.  It was another gorgeous day...a bit cold on the boat but nice none the less.  We went out on the Atlantic Ocean which was very calm.  We puttered down to the pier at Jacksonville Beach.  On the way back to the marina, we spotted dolphins.  Not just one or two...but a pod of at least eight and maybe more.  We stopped the boat and were able to enjoy watching them for about 30 minutes.  While none of these photos are particularly artistic....it was a special opportunity for me to be close to the animals and just observe and try to photograph them for a while.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing and breath taking...dolphins are such amazing creatures and you captured that so well!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Dolphin Batman!
These are terrific.

xo,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

One of my dreams has been to swim with the dolphins.

Anonymous said...

WHAT????  You couldn't ask them to stop, smile & pose???? Ü
Looks like you had a great time!
cool shots~
Marie

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful, and they were quite cooperative to hang around long enough to get so many good pictures.

Greg

Anonymous said...

the photos are not artistic?

::shaking head::

they are DOLPHINS swimming around right in FRONT of you in the GORGEOUS BLUE OCEAN in Florida.  who needs artistic?!?!?!

LOVE THESE!!!!!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I have lived on and worked on the water for many years now and I never fail to be mesermized by these wonderous creatures.  They are hard to photograph, but you have some really good shots here.  Glad you were able to have this experience.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Aren't they terrific? We have dolphins that live it the bay behind my house and they are always swimming around out here in the Gulf too. I'm so glad you got the opportunity to see them while you were visiting Florida. You got some really nice shots of them too! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember when my parents lived in florida and we would go to this waterfront restaurant that was at an inlet.  Anyway, we would always see dolphins swimming around and playing as we were eating.  I LOVED going to that place.

I certainly enjoyed these photographs.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Kat -
Beautiful!
Lovely "rebirth" photoblog!
_rRose

Anonymous said...

I think they are gorgeous!
d

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I would have been thrilled seeing them also.  Great pictures.

Betty

Anonymous said...

More amazing shots.  Lucky duck!...or...dolphin...lol. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

Incredible shots, Kat!  I have a great fondness for dolphins.  Thank you for sharing this experience!

Love,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

I love to go dolphin watching. Great pics :)

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!  Amazing!!!  I love these pics!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

OMY!!!! I thought the PELICANS were great....these dolphins send me to the moon.  God, I've missed you, girl.  Again I say, I'm so glad to have refound your wondrous view of our natural world.