Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thank you...

 

Thank you to the judges of the AOL Community Photo Challenge for again selecting my photo for recognition.  All the entries were wonderful and everyone deserves kudos for their creative work.  I am deeply flattered.

I was happy to read that the competition portion of the challenge is being discontinued.  Everyone who participates here is a winner in that it's all about the benefits we gain from sharing.  It takes time to develop a photographer's eye and there's no better way than to experience the world through the eye of another photographer.  I look forward to upcoming challenges and all the the participants have to share and I hope that the community will continue to strengthen and grow.

Marie and Vicki, Martha, Rob, and Gina (I hope I didn't forget anyone...) have done a marvelous job of getting this community launched.  Thank you so much for your hard work and for your commitment to those passionate about photography.  And thanks to everyone who has participated.  It takes guts to post photos just for comments.  It takes even more to submit to the scrutiny of judging.  Everyone here deserved to be recongnized, and we all stand to gain from our ever growing pool of creativity.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well deserve, beautiful image!!! Congratulations.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Hugs,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Perfectly written, Kat....and I agree.   (You also deserved to win this!)
Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your win. it is a beautiful photo, i loved it!
gina

Anonymous said...

What a nice entry Kat and congrats on the well deserved win!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Kat...  I too, am glad that our jland photo community has widened and become what it has.  The challenges have reopened doors for me and have inspired me to do more with my camera.  They also have introduced me to some wonderful new friends, journalers and photographers ~ like YOU!  ;o)

Congratulations on your well deserved first place win and...

Happy Easter!

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
the grasshopper was perfect!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win.   The shot was perfect and I do love the bug shots.

                  Julie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the first place honors.  I think you had the best entry in the bunch, so it is well deserved!  I'm also glad that they are doing away with the judging.  I would much rather do this for fun than for the recognition.

Greg