Sunday, March 30, 2008

Stumped

I was looking through some photos for something AGED for the next Community Photo Challenge. I came across a photo of a stump that I promised Greg I'd post.  I took this photo on my recent trip to Cumberland Island, GA.  Greg had written an entry about spending a couple of hours working on photographing a particular stump.  Photographers get this.  The regular passerby, does not.

:)

So Greg....I did forget but now I remembered.  Do you see what I see in this stump?

BTW - I guess this could qualify as something aged for the challenge.  But, I have something else in mind.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an animal face to me....or should I say a scull.
Ü
I think it's a cool shot!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh, an elephant!  how cool!  this reminds me INCREDIBLY of one of my favorite stories..."The Little Prince" and how it begins.    It's wonderful, Kat.

Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

What a cool looking stump - and I've photographed stumps too!  I think it looks like an elephant in the trunk.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/

Anonymous said...

This is really cool, I see a horse head with a long and narrow snout.  The flared nostril makes it look like the horse is working hard to free itself from the wooden prison he has found himself in.  I was wondering when you would be posting this picture, I had been looking forward to seeing it.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Cool, yet very scary looking! This is a really neat shot. Looks like something that should be on the cover of a spooky book!
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

looks like a really old, tired anteater to me.

Anonymous said...

That's incredible.  Definitely get it here!
http://boiseladie.blogspot.com/