This is my final entry of Florida photos. I believe each day, I had an opportunity to photograph pelicans. Pelicans fascinate me. They're just so interesting to watch. I love how they fly, I love how they glide above the surface of the water like a stealth bomber, I love how they fish, I love how they interact, and I love how pensive they can look.
And, I can't see one without thinking of a funny story that Martha once shared about her husband and a pelican. Perhaps, I can entice her to tell it again...
My sister-in-law, who is a native Floridian, compares enthusiasm over pelicans to a non midwesterner driving through Indiana and suddenly exclaiming "CORN!" Personally, I think they're much more entertaining than corn....but that's just my opinion.
I can't help it....they're comical and regal all at once.
So, I saved all my pelican photos for one entry. I'm still waiting to get a photo where I capture one diving (dropping like a rock) into the water to catch a fish.








10 comments:
I do agree about how interesting (espec. to watch) Pelicans are. And you captured them beautifully!!
Love,
Nance
Great closeups! Were these cropped in post production, or did you use a really long lens?
Greg
Oh, these are wonderful shots, Kat... These birds really do have a personality all their own!
Thank you for sharing them.
Chelle
Wow Kat, you really got some beautiful photos of the pelicans. I love them too and I also can't see one without thinking about my pelican story. I sure wish I would have saved that entry from my original journal! Maybe I'll tell it again someday to go with a good shot of a pelican. It's so funny, everyone that's still around from those old J-Land days remembers that story!
Hugs, Martha :-)
Kat
Absolutely beautful photography! I love the one where the one bird on the piling is shouting at the other bird just above. The close ups are fantastic!
Sam
WOW!! More great pics!!! Beautiful!!!
Joann
Fantastic hun - I wish I could take pics as good as that! Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/
Read about you in Greg's journal. You have some very beautiful photos here. I think you are truly an artist with your camera. Got you on my alerts now.
Stunning shots, Kat!!!!
Beautiful detail, color is striking & excellent composition!!!
PERFECT!
Marie
I love the pelicans too! In St. Petersburg there is a pier where they love to hang out and they are so used to people I swear you could pet one! Great pics.
Robin
http://journals.aol.com/robinngabster/TheWorldthruMyEyes/
Post a Comment