Well...it's nowhere near spring out here on Long Island. I wish I were out finding those reassuring signs of renewal.
In PA, I had all my favorite haunts. I knew just where to find the first snowdrops, bloodroot and mayapples. I could find wild columbine, pussywillows and ferns.
Unfurling ferns are one of my very favorite signs of spring. I knew of one large patch that I noticed one day along the side of the road when I was out for a walk. It became an annual photo stop and I spent a couple of hours there each season.
This year, I'll be on the hunt for new locations here in NY. I hope I'm lucky enough to find a local bed of ferns.
Please be sure to visit the other AOL Community Photo Participants here.


20 comments:
That is a beautiful picture and you have it framed beautifully. Helen
Very, very nice. A sure sign that the ferns are looking for warmer weather.
Clyde
Hard to say anything but all those adjectives I've used time and time again...
You're just that good.
Love,
Nance
I wish I had the talent you have in taking a photo - that is absolutely fantastic! Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/
Oh My, that is just absolutely wonderful.
Julie
What a fabulous picture and a truly professional presentation. I agree with the rest of the commenters. You are just that good! I'm wowed!
Sam
It looks like a painting! I can see you duplicating this into a quilt. In other words it's beautiful ... I ALWAYS say that and I was hoping for some other words to use.
Monica
Kat, after seeing this shot, I certainly hope you find a similar spot in your new neighborhood...this is really great! Wonderful entry!
Vicki
wow...i really like this! great job.
gina
Wow, beautiful shot Kat! I've always loved your close up nature photos best of all.
Hugs, Martha :-)
The repeating patterns are very cool, as is your use of colors. While all being basically the same tone, you have managed to use the tonal tranitions to your advantage. Nicely done!
Greg
this is awesome! Love it
d
Oh Wow! That is amazing!
Linda :)
::picking chin up off the floor::
I'm speechless, Kat... You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Love,
Chelle
Gorgeous...great color...what a delight! Absolutely lovely!
B.
congrats on the win!
d
Congrats on the well deserved win Kat!
Big hugs, Martha :-)
Congratulations on the award!
Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/
Congrats on your win.... it's AMAZING!!! Beautiful!!
Joann
Congratulations Kat!!
It always amazes me how you find some cool close ups!!!
Great image for this challenge!!!
Marie
Post a Comment