Not everyone goes for pictures like this...but I love them. To me, this defines still life. I'm intrigued by the lines, the monochromatic contrast in the wood, and of course those patches of green.

But here's where the fun comes in....thanks to digital! I open my files in a photo editor, blow them up, and go exploring. Especially in a photo like this, there are so many details that get lost in the whole. I can take almost any section out of this photo and find something interesting to feature. I can see how beautiful the intricasies of nature really are. It fascinates me. And I find it helps train my photographers eye. Here are a couple of samples.....

In this photo, I was drawn to the texture and lines in the dried wood in the foreground. I like the angle of the stick and that little curly thing coming off of it. And I LOVE the fungus in the upper right corner.

This one I LOVE for the variety of texture. I like the scallop detail of those little leaves in the upper left. I love how the color all blends. Who knew it was so beautiful on the forest floor.

1 comment:
Comment from miarenee24
3/30/04
"I" go for pictures like this too! although I'm not near as talented with the camera as you, I have pictures of an old stump in my daddy's garden. I studied that old, dried up stump for a very long time. I get lost in things such as these...I haven't looked at it with mu photo editing program though..I'll do that, now that you mention it. I've enjoyed your photos here.
Comment from marigolds2
3/30/04
i think i could fall seriously in love with you, from this series of pictures alone. it's how i look at nature, loving the details, the small things, the amazing grace of the way nature's hand arranges things so perfectly, so effortlessly, so without consciousness of beauty creating total beauty. and your photos are capturing not just how it looks, but the feelings that it awakens. do you know, of course you do, Eliot Porter's work? i think i may like yours even better
Comment from daphneh2o33
3/29/04
Kat... truly amazing. I love these pictures... much like the mushroom picture. I just love the detail and greens in this... Wow!! I know I've said this before... but what talent!!! - Donna
Comment from floralilia
3/28/04
fantastic...i love these...makes me want to look for hidden fairies...
Comment from msecz
3/28/04
Thanks for showing me what can be done... Now I have new roads to explore. I too like photography even though Im not as good as you are-----yet. ;)
Comment from sepintx
3/28/04
I like these types of photos. It's the wood that gets my attention first and then the moss. Very cool shots.
Post a Comment